Welcome Guest, we hope you find what you're looking for. Take a few seconds to register for an account and participate in the conversations!
GM W-Body.com
November 22, 2017, 03:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out and add yourself to the MEMBER MAP

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Random member quote: People say the mini cooper is fast, and handles amazing. I asked a girl why she loved hers.  Her response was "it’s small, and cute, and I can fit everything in it...  just like my purse".  It was at that point I felt my nuts crawl up inside my body and refuse to come back out.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: Got a BL Revo  (Read 17641 times)
Active members:
SofaKingWeToddDid(7) 04SuperchargedSS(6) 94 olds vert(1)

ALL FORUMS ARE OFF-LIMITS FOR 0-POST USERS
CLICK THE SIGN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF

SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner
Chilli Cheese Burrito Baron

Reputation Power: 108
SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:50 PM »

Yup, i Ditched the HPI Savage XS. cuz no one should be paid to work on those, let alone pay someone to have to work on it.

i traded it for this. plus i had to add in some cash, and a few upgrades.

next to his sister. just for fun.

94 olds vert

Reputation Power: 18
94 olds vert has no influence.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

How fast does it go?

1994 Cutlass convertible
1991 Grand Prix GT
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.SofaKingWeToddDid has an aura about them.

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »

box says 65mph and ive got no batteries for it.... as far as i know. it goes 0. lol

04SuperchargedSS
im here for the cakes and pies

Reputation Power: 17
04SuperchargedSS has no influence.

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:21:33 PM »

Nice score on that one smile

Need a couple lipos for it.

Cameron Hanlan
New ride - 2010 GMC Terrain SLE2
Old ride - 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Dale Jr. Signature Edition (in the parents garage)
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:28:06 PM »

i agree. but i DID pick up a couple NiMh batteries for it for now...

HOLY SHIT!!! this is BY FAR the most powerful RC truck i have EVER used. and JUST on NiMhs! i cant even imagine whats going to happen when i get some LiPos!!! i also want to get a set of EVX-2 and some twin 550s for wetter conditions.

04SuperchargedSS

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:02:03 PM »

if you are impressed with nimh... bricks shall be shat if you go 2x3s lipo. 

I would recommend a couple 2s lipo and run 4s. My conversion was on 5s and it was insane.

And get rid of those big joes if you go lipo. unless you belted them you will destroy them.

Cameron Hanlan
Old ride - 2004 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS Dale Jr. Signature Edition (in the parents garage)
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »

thats what i been thinking, the truck seems to top out at about 40kmh right now, give or take a little. i also think the ESC has been tuned down, but as it sits right now i dont have a programmer! haha

im thinking of a set of white dish wheels with racing tires.

04SuperchargedSS

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »

castle link is cheap. $20 i think at great hobbies/hobby alley. maybe $25

40kmh sounds about right for nimh. its nothing spectacular. I don't know where they get off saying 65mph on the box haha

Get yourself a couple SPC lipos http://www.specpointbatteries.com/index.php?productID=61 for example
and you will be doing 60mph + easy.

Cameron Hanlan
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »

65, geared up, with 2x3s maybe...? ive heard of a erevo that does 76mph... (modded to the tits)

04SuperchargedSS

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

i think the standing record right now is a guy names mike pepperini (something along those lines) at like 83 mph ? maybe more since then, that was last year.

found the video
E-revo speed test from 81.9mph to .... ?

Cameron Hanlan
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »

So, while asking about charging batteries safely, i got a thread of mine locked because it was information that was generic to 'any RC'... even though i asked if my ESC or driving habits could cause this problem
http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8943834-LiPo-batteries-and-Unbalanced-volts
now, speaking of aftermarket parts... there is a thread on there about how to modify your Revo to fit LST2 diffs, that sounds pretty aftermarket to me... any ways.

after trying to argue my point i was pissed off, so i went onto another thread that was asking for advice on AEM parts, i exclaimed my distaste -in a family friendly manner, and got an infraction, plus my locked thread now, and the question got answered, i just was gonna branch off on it... bastards.

So i sent the mod that gave me the points and locked my thread this:

dude i dont even care, i have two kids and want to know why any battery does what it does and if it was my revo or my habits causing the problem, i was also concerned for the safety of my two kids. its nice to see traxxas is concerned about the safety of its long time customers. ive had LOTS of traxxas models and ive never been in such a hard up place for advice.

you are WAY off on the rules dude. you think my thread was bad because i dont have a traxxas charger or traxxas batteries and think i was asking for help in regards to how to use these products, or must have. because thats the only way my thread would be against the rules if we can post full instructions on how to install LST2 diffs in a revo, or how to get RPM arms to work with CVDs, and most people suggest to go with MRP shafts, here i am supporting you guys and this is how i get treated. very nice. very nice indeed. thank you for your time with all of this and careful reading of the rules yourself.  im glad traxxas picks such knowledgable people to moderate their online communities, and I hope you continue on to be successful at whatever exactly it is that you do. meanwhile i dont think ill be back here for offering or needing any advice. if youre not concerned with my safety, ill find support who is. have a super duper day kid.

04SuperchargedSS

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »

haha that might get you the banhammer. That forum makes me laugh sometimes. it is ridiculous that you can talk all day about shit but ask 1 technical support question on anything NOT traxxas and they lock it up.

Cameron Hanlan
SofaKingWeToddDid
Z34 Pwner

( . Y . )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

its not even tech support, i KNOW HOW TO CHARGE the batteries! haha im asking why batteries get an unbalanced volt and if i should worry about that level of unbalanced volts. atleast i got the answer.

Post Merge: March 17, 2012, 09:41:39 AM
ok, so the bumpers i have are for sale... they are beat to snot already. haha

the truck torqued out one of the wheels and completely rounded out the hex inside it....
last night i started removing a tire with acetone. its stillllllll not ready. tongue
i want revo now!

04SuperchargedSS

┌П┐(•͡.̮ •͡ )┌П┐

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »

Acetone bath is not a quick process, that's for sure.

Cameron Hanlan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: