Welcome Guest, we hope you find what you're looking for. Take a few seconds to register for an account and participate in the conversations!
GM W-Body.com
November 22, 2017, 04:11:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to The NEW GM W-Body Forum!

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Random member quote: Welcome to GMWBody.com!  We WILL hijack your introduction thread like it's our job.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: Question on replacing 4T60e solenoids  (Read 1398 times)
Active members:
MuffinMan(1)

ALL FORUMS ARE OFF-LIMITS FOR 0-POST USERS
CLICK THE SIGN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF

MuffinMan
n00b

Reputation Power: 0
MuffinMan has no influence.

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:46:31 AM »

Hi all, first post, I hope this is the right section. So I'm not yet a W body owner, but an opportunity has arisen. A coworker offered her 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme to me for $500. Great shape, 127k miles, all the fancy options, new tires,  but there's a catch. Bad shift solenoids.

So my question is, is there a way to get to the 4t60e's side pan where the solenoids are without disconnecting everything and dropping the whole engine/transmission? Or if I drop the cradle a few inches to do this,  do I still have to disconnect EVERYTHING in the engine bay? I searched all over but cant seem to find anything specific to these cars. Some sites say its not happening with other vehicles, but I found a few pictures where the side pan cover was removed after removing nothing but the tire/axle/splash guard (I believe it was an 02 Monte Carlo but I cant be sure).

Im not afraid of a little extra work, but this would be done in said coworkers driveway before I drove it to my apartment, and I don't want to buy it if I'm going to leave her driveway looking like a junkyard for weeks. That, plus most of my experience is with F bodies so I want to know what I'm getting in to with a FWD. Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: