Welcome Guest, we hope you find what you're looking for. Take a few seconds to register for an account and participate in the conversations!
GM W-Body.com
September 26, 2017, 02:57:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to The NEW GM W-Body Forum!

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Random member quote: The W-Body, The LS1, and Jessica Alba....God graces us with few gifts, but when he does, they sure as hell make up for all of the Toyotas and Fat Chicks in the world
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author *Topic: Question on replacing 4T60e solenoids  (Read 1291 times)
Active members:
MuffinMan(1)

ALL FORUMS ARE OFF-LIMITS FOR 0-POST USERS
CLICK THE SIGN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF

MuffinMan
n00b

Reputation Power: 0
MuffinMan has no influence.

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2016, 01:46:31 AM »

Hi all, first post, I hope this is the right section. So I'm not yet a W body owner, but an opportunity has arisen. A coworker offered her 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme to me for $500. Great shape, 127k miles, all the fancy options, new tires,  but there's a catch. Bad shift solenoids.

So my question is, is there a way to get to the 4t60e's side pan where the solenoids are without disconnecting everything and dropping the whole engine/transmission? Or if I drop the cradle a few inches to do this,  do I still have to disconnect EVERYTHING in the engine bay? I searched all over but cant seem to find anything specific to these cars. Some sites say its not happening with other vehicles, but I found a few pictures where the side pan cover was removed after removing nothing but the tire/axle/splash guard (I believe it was an 02 Monte Carlo but I cant be sure).

Im not afraid of a little extra work, but this would be done in said coworkers driveway before I drove it to my apartment, and I don't want to buy it if I'm going to leave her driveway looking like a junkyard for weeks. That, plus most of my experience is with F bodies so I want to know what I'm getting in to with a FWD. Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: